Thursday, April 24, 2014

Terrible Things I'm Willing to Do in Order to be in Bed Right this Second

I don’t stay up late. Even in college I went to bed around 11 PM most nights. The summer that I met my husband I stayed up until 2 AM pretty often. Then we got married and he gave me mono and I’ve never stayed up that late since. I get eight hours of sleep; now that I’m pregnant I get nine or more. I make time for it, I turn down invitations for it, I will fight you for it.


Sometimes circumstance outside my control dictate that I can only have six or seven hours of sleep. This is unacceptable. As it grows later and later my desperation to get into bed grows fiercer. So with that in mind I’ve created the Terrible Things I'm Willing to Do in Order to be in Bed Right This Second chart. Note that doing these terrible things generally won’t get me into bed any faster, this is only to measure my desperation.
Sleepy Scale.jpg





I should’ve put in an extra data point for ‘sell state secrets,’ but I couldn’t figure out whether to put that before or after the cage fight.
Sweet dreams friends.

2 comments:

  1. You're too funny, I think selling Government secrets would go splendidly after cage fights, but I've always been a patriot xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, you're a true American. I'd crack like an egg under interrogation after just 15 hours of sleep deprivation.

    ReplyDelete